Saturday, July 24, 2010

my little pink house...

I have been collecting art & craft projects that look fun to make for AGES. Due to a combination of competing work commitments, travel and parenting, none have been tried, UNTIL recently!. See my version of the 'Little Pink House' based on the tutorial from over at Sew, Mama, Sew. Curious helped me choose the colours and arrange the flowers, and it was quickly gifted to grandmother for a special occasion. I think it was a good first effort. I like to be able to make gifts with the kids as I have very fond memories of my own grandmother teaching me to knit and crochet and make stuff. And a gift made is much more special than a gift bought. For Xmas last the kids painted rather cool robot t-shirts, the year before than, hand print tea-towels. Hopefully more time to take on other small projects soon and our friends and family get nicer Xmas presents as we branch out into the great craft beyond.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment